Director of Programs at Pro-Health International April, 2021
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Summary / Specific Responsibilities
- The Director of Programs will be responsible for the technical content of service delivery encompassing OVC services in the technical areas of household economic strengthening (HES), education support, child protection, social/behavior change communication, case finding, referrals to treatment (working in collaboration with other partners providing ART services), viral load monitoring services within the community setting. This includes considerations for use of self-administered viral load sampling kits, optimization of viral load cascade and other efforts necessary for achieving measurable community viral suppression.
- S/he will provide technical expertise in high-impact OVC and HIV/AIDS services and their integration into established service delivery systems at different levels of care.
Part of his/her responsibilities would include:
- Professional documentation and timely submission ofproject reports.
- Strengthening the linkages between the community-based OVC care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- Support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs in the area of HIV prevention, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), in addition to tracking LTFU cases, improved HIV Cascade and bi-directional referrals for uptake ofservices.
- Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions for the OVC priority sub population and survivors of gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers (including OTZ interventions for ALHIV).
- Coordinate and maintain close liaison with project partners and with relevant stakeholders inthe implementingstates of Bauchi and Adamawa.
Education qualification & Experience
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 7 years work experience.
- The DOP will have experience and understanding in working with HIV and OVC community-led organizations.
- S/he will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and ability to develop and track workplan implementation effectively.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Equal Opportunity Language
- “Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.